The Discover Dominica Authority (DDA) is delighted to re-launch its online training program with OTT, a leading online training and marketing platform for travel advisors worldwide. Dominica, a spectacular green island of rugged mountains, lush rainforests and rushing rivers in the Eastern Caribbean, continues its path to being the quintessential sustainable, eco-haven in the region. In 2021, OTT awarded Dominica for having one of the top three most popular international courses for online travel agents in the UK and internationally.
The program gives travel partners an immersive view into this beautiful and multi-faceted island located in the middle of the Caribbean Archipelago: Dominica – The Nature Island of the Caribbean. Travel professionals are provided the opportunity to become Dominica specialists and showcases ways in which the destination fits with existing and emerging demographic segments among their client bases. The program is available to travel professionals in the United Kingdom, United States, Canada, French West Indies, France, and Germany.
The continued engagement of the travel professional community forms a key strategy for the destination, where their product knowledge is essential given the critical role they play in the travel industry. The DDA remains committed to their continued education and wants to ensure that travel advisors are well equipped to confidently sell and promote the Nature Island.Ms. Kimberly King, Destination Marketing Manager
The five key modules that make up an engaging and essential learning tool for selling Dominica are:
- Discover Dominica: The island is a paradise for travelers seeking a unique escape off the beaten track, exploring the Caribbean beyond its renowned beaches.
- Land Adventures for all: Dominica is one big outdoor gym and spa with soft to extreme adventure activities, as well as spa and wellness experiences!
- Water Adventure for all: Great underwater experiences await you with world class diving and whale-watching tours.
- Where to Stay, Events & Cuisine: Experience different accommodation types, events, and traditional unique village feasts, exotic local foods and rums.
- Selling Dominica: The ‘Nature Island’ of the Caribbean – a destination which offers an abundance of activities and experiences that make Dominica a perfect holiday destination for many types of visitors.
Travel agents can enroll and begin the program at their leisure via the following links:
- UK: www.dominicaexpertsuk.com | https://www.onlinetraveltraining.com/free-courses/providers/discoverdominica-training
- US: www.dominicaexpertsus.com | https://www.onlinetraveltraining.com/free-courses/providers/discoverdominica-us
- Germany: www.dominicaexpertsde.com | https://www.onlinetraveltraining.com/free-courses/providers/discoverdominica-de
- France: www.dominicaexpertsfr.com | https://www.onlinetraveltraining.com/free-courses/providers/discoverdominica-fr
Upon completion, travel professionals will become Dominica Specialists and will then be automatically entered into a prize draw for a future Dominica FAM Trip.