- All hotels are required to notify to the Ministry of Health regarding all guests coming from the hotspot countries (see below for details) using “Case-based Form for asymptomatic cases”
- Front desk person/concierge must monitor each of these cases for possible ill-health of the guest.
- Guests should be informed of monitoring process.
- Guests should be asked to notify immediately to the hotel front desk service/concierge service if in the even they feel sick, especially with flu-like illness.
- In the event, a case of flu-like illness case identified among the cohort of hotspot countries –
- Hotel must then inform national surveillance unit/National Epidemiologist (#2451534) immediately.
- Provide PPE(/at N95 mask) to the patient and keep his/her isolated
- All contacts should be provided with N95 mask
- Index case and his/her contacts should stay put until health inspection team/public health team arrive on the scene
- Once the health team arrive on the scene, the health team will lead and provide necessary instruction
- A designated ambulance will be used to transport the case to the General Hospital/Isolation Unit, the ambulance will be called in once the health team arrived on the scene
- All contacts will be quarantined for 14-days from that day on, unless laboratory test result of the suspected case/index case is negative.
- If the index case positive, then contacts will be the new suspected cases, and the process of testing will be completed for all contacts
- If the contacts are positive, then those positive contact will be isolated and managed in the Isolation Unit of the hospital
- The hotel will be temporarily shut-down and disinfected completely.
According to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) Situation Report No. 22 (issued on March 13, 2020), the WHO Director General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus declared the COVID-19 viral outbreak…